Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wait, Wait, and Wait Some More!!!

Just wanted to give you all a little update. Although we don't know much, I'll tell you what we do know.  I talked with our agency this week after I inquired about how much longer before the sealing process is done.  I believe they said they are waiting on the last document, the I-797, to come back from the Chinese Consulate.They told me another week or two then all our documents would be sealed.  I'm assuming then they'll be sent to China soon thereafter.

It's soooo hard to wait!!  All you who've been through an adoption can readily understand this whole waiting thing.  You wait, wait, and wait some more!!  Anyway, we will have more news soon so hang in there with us!

Also, continue to lift up these grants we've applied to.  There are 6 grant organizations in which we were eligible to apply. Most of them are reviewing our application this month.  Some of them will notify us later this month, others in April.  We are believing they will come through for us and hopefully give us enough to finish out this adoption or at least put us much closer to that goal.  In the meantime, we continue to fund-raise not wanting to or feeling it wise to put all our eggs in that basket--so to speak.

As you know, currently we are doing the t-shirt fundraiser and that is going well.  We have several people and/or small groups helping with this and it is still ongoing.  If you'd like to order for yourself or know of a small group or organization willing to help us sell, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us or Lindsay, who is heading it up there in the states.

Also, if you have an idea for another fund-raiser, please don't hesitate to let us know.  Continue to stand with us and as soon as we know more we'll put up a post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment